Wednesday 5 February 2014

First Anniversary


Today is the first anniversary of my blog and truly overwhelmed as I never thought that I would be able to sustain my writing spree. I was really sceptical about my consistency.  Book reading has been my hobby since childhood and I had an immense curiosity to know about anything under the sky. This unquenchable thirst has been the real reason for my immense love for books. I am a scientist by profession but have a great fascination towards intellectual writing. The depth of understanding and the veracity of knowledge exuded by some of the scholarly writers always motivate me.

Knowledge is an ocean and boundless. My professional training has never restrained me to any specific subject and hence my interests too spanned over a wide variety of topics.  I can never profess myself as a writer as I haven’t ever attempted creative writing. My blog posts are mostly dedicated to themes which have fascinated me.

Writing reminds of the popular adage, “Pen is mightier than sword”. Nearly all the greatest revolutions that changed the course of history have been brain-child of revolutionary thinkers who spear headed and awakened the masses by their powerful writings.  New thoughts, ideas can be effectively communicated to people only through effective writings. In the digital age, writing may have lost its impact, but over the centuries new changes/ renaissance were successful chartered into the society by espousing creative thoughts.

Writing, I believe is the most effective and reliable form of exchange of new thoughts and ideas.  I have great respect for writers for their exceptional skills, especially their art of creativity which compels us to visualise and travel through the virtual world they have created. While some messages emboldens our vision towards a bright and beautiful life. Some books leave a deep impression on mind and leave us highly motivated and inspired.  My tryst with writing began when I read the biography of the greatest music legend Annapurna Devi, whose musical prowess was unknown to common man. She is hardly referred in the annals of the Indian Music for the exceptional music talent she possess. I was deeply moved by her life story and wanted to pen down the continuous flow of emotions stirring my mind. This marked the beginning of my journey of writing book reviews which finally meandered into writing scientific articles, sports columns and many more.  

Hope the joy of completing one year as a blogger would continue to motivate me further into more thoughtful writing......
 
 
 

No comments: